1) CHECK THE CAREER CENTRE WEBSITE
Other useful websites:
Career Cruising: http://www.careercruising.com/
Please visit the Career Centre for the User Name and Password.
Education Planner: http://www.educationplanner.bc.ca/
Link to 2017/2018 Dogwood Planner: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/kindergarten-to-grade-12/support/graduation/bc_dogwood_planner_eng.pdf
Work futures: www.workfutures.bc.ca
Industry Training Authority (Trades & Apprenticeships): www.itabc.ca
GRADE 12 INFORMATION BULLETIN BOARD: by the Williams Rd Staffroom
APPOINTMENTS: See Mrs. Kerr and book an appointment Mon-Thurs: 10:30am – 3:30pm.
2 )CHECK OUT SCHOLARSHIP & OTHER FINANCIAL AID INFO:
Find a Match
Some websites will match a student with a variety of awards in their database. Register online for this option at: https://scholartree.ca/
3 )ATTEND THE POST-SECONDARY INFORMATION SESSIONS
SLSS sessions at lunch in September, October and November and the Gr 12 Post-Secondary Workshop on Sept. 25 in the SLSS Theatre.
CUE (Canadian Universities Event) at McMath on Sept. 26 (6:30pm-8:30pm)
4)APPLY TO COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES–
5 )FILL OUT THE STUDENTSTRANSCRIPTS SERVICE (STS) FORMS:
- Register for a BCeID (a BC Government account that provides you with access to B.C. Government online services)
- Register for the StudentTranscript Service using your BCeID
- Log in to your StudentTranscripts Service using your BCeID.
- Follow the steps in order to have transcripts sent electronically to post-secondary institutions.
a) LPI (for first year level English eligibility)
b) TOEFL (for ESL students who have been in Canada for a short period of time)
c) SAT/ACT (for study in the U.S.)
7 )APPLY FOR STUDENT LOANS IF NEEDED
Apply in June, please see: www.StudentAidBC.ca